Saturday, April 30, 2011

ToLeDo!


Welcome to Toledo!



Today was an incredible day! We met everyone at the train station, and from there we took a hour and a half bus ride to Toledo. I slept the whole way :) I woke up to the loud voice of our guide- yes, quite startling. 

I was overwhelmed by the beauty in Toledo. There were castles everywhere and beautiful buildings and rivers and GREEN trees. 






Breathtaking, no?
Our guide told us that every time "El Greco" painted anything in Toledo, he painted on a cloudy day and that today was a perfect "El Greco" painting day!

Our guide took us around (on the bus first) all of Toledo and she let us stop and actually exit the bus to see/take pictures of this...



I can't believe that people just live in this city. It is totally normal for them! I would kill to live in a city like this. 

Toledo is known for Mazapan. It is in every little store and in every shape and size. They even had a castle made out of it in a window! It reminded me of Christmas time and the ZCMI windows and all of the different things made out of candy! 



And this beautiful building is the main cathedral in Toledo. It is stunning. I couldn't believe the architecture and the art inside. It is just as big as it looks outside on the inside. 






Toledo was beautiful and I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have had to see just a fraction so far of the country. I have already fallen in love with it - even though it will never take Mexico's place :) 

Me and my friend Audi

I love my family and I LOVE SPAIN! 


Love always,
Natalie Christine 








No comments:

Post a Comment