Thursday, April 28, 2011

Maps, Trains, Art and MAPS.

Today was quite the day. We woke up and went to class which was awesome. It was quick paced but very interesting. I am taking two classes- 321 and 345. I have not gone to my 321 class yet, but I went to my 345 class today. My 345 class is all about the history of Spain, as well as Spain's art, literature etc. My professor is so sharp and I just love it! Don't worry either, I took a first day of school picture!

Me, Rikki, Hope, Kylie, Rylie and Audi
This is picture is me outside the school and by the main sign!



After a successful first day of school, we hung out in the Plaza de Cervantes for a little bit- which was very relaxing! Then, I had to get me and three others girls to the train station. Train station? What train station? So, I whipped out the map that María (my mom here) gave me and got us there. I was pretty proud of myself to tell you the truth. Once we got to the train station, we met up with the rest of the group once they arrived and we got on the train. It is just like getting on a metro in New York. It was a forty minute ride and then we were practically face to face with this...


and this...

and this...


Incredible right?


From 6-8 p.m. the Museo del Prado was open and was free of charge. The biggest artists there are Velázquez, Goya and El Greco. It was so awesome! 

Natalie and Rikki outside the Museo del Prado

After the museum, we went back to the train and went home. Needless to say, once we were out of the train station and had to head home, we got lost. We were walking home with some girls that live kind of close to us (we live the farthest away out of everyone) and then they were home and Rikki and I had to decide if we wanted to walk home or walk back to the Plaza de Cervantes and pay a euro for the bus. We were going to take the bus and then all of the sudden we were closer to home than the bus, so we just headed home...until all of the sudden we were in the Plaza de Cervantes. Don't ask me how that happened. Regardless- we ended up taking the bus and got off when it was the last stop...but the wrong street because he decided not to take the full route. So, on a street called Ávila, we had to wind our way back home. Finally we got home expecting to find a very distraught mother (María) and daughter (Alba). But no- there were just finishing their cena...at ten thirty. Of course, that makes perfect sense right? We walked into the kitchen and were greeted with a hello and they asked all about our day. They are awesome :)

On the bus after a long LONG day...and we thought we were almost home, but no.



I love my family here and at home! 

Love always, 
Natalie Christine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment