Sorry, I tried to post this yesterday, but I didn't have a good enough internet connection, so this is yesterday's post!
Today we went back to the Plaza de Cervantes and toured a little bit of the city so that we could at least be somewhat knowledgeable and at least think we knew what we were doing. But we didn't considering the walk back home from the plaza took us a little over an hour and it should have taken us 30 minutes. We barely made it back in time for comida- which you are on time for, no questions asked.
Anyway, more about the tour! The city of Alcalá de Henares is centered all around Miguel de Cervantes. Miguel de Cervantes was born in Alcalá de Henares in the home pictured below.
There is also a statue of Miguel de Cervantes in the Plaza de Cervantes.
The Plaza de Cervantes is pretty small and is the center of Alcalá de Henares. Below are two pictures of the plaza from a distance.
P.S. Rikki and I got a picture with Don Quijote and his minion Sancho Panza. Jealous?
Mom- I thought of you today when I saw this house (pictured below) because I knew that you would think it was so cute and beautiful and that if we were all together you would have pointed it out!
Last, but not least, I live on a calle called Valencia! The neat thing about that is that all of the streets in this area are named after other cities in Madrid! Like Valencia :)
I love my family!
Love always,
Natalie Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment