Meet the Me and Myself.
On April 25th at 8:30 a.m. I set of on an adventure of a lifetime. A study abroad has always been a dream of mine, and after the nightmare that security is when you are chosen to be randomly selected to be wanded and the checking/weighing of bags, that dream became a reality.
Meet Moss.
Rikki (Erika) Moss is my roommate for my study abroad. We are the same age, we love spending time together, and we have a great time together! She is from Minnesota and pronounces the word "bag" like it is spelled
"bayyyyg". :) We are a dynamic duo and I dare say we complete each other.
Finally, meet a little bit of my new home for the next 2 months.
Madrid.
This is a shot just to the left of the house that I am staying in. It is so beautiful and lush and green here! And, it is a lovely 68 degrees and no clouds outside. :)
Just to give you a little more background on what I am doing here. I am here because I am minoring in Spanish. I am taking three classes here, two of which will get my closer to completing my minor. I also wanted to improve my speaking skills, naturally, as well as have the experience of living abroad and growing on my own. While living in Madrid, all of the students are living with different families. Rikki and I are staying with MarĂa and her daughter Alba. They have both already been so good to us and we are very grateful to them!
I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to grow and to progress. I am also grateful for the little miracles that I experienced today- I know the Lord is watching over me.
I love my family and I miss them like crazy! XOXO!
Love always,
Natalie Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment