After R.S. we had Sunday School. S.S. was fun and we had a cute teacher. Today we learned and studied John 9-10. It was actually very powerful for me. Chapter nine was about a blind man and the faith he had to go put clay on his eyes and that he would be able to see again. It was powerful in class but it became more powerful in Sacrament Meeting- but I will tell you about that later. Anyway- there are not many kids in the S.S. class and we took up 80 percent of the space in the room.
After S.S. we had Sacrament Meeting. There is ward here- but hardly. It is so cute though! There are about fifteen primary kids (who all sang to their moms today :)). They are not very many youth- maybe 6 or 7? They are, however, quite a lot of little kids! It was a loud Sacrament Meeting but it was awesome. There was a baby blessing today and also a young man was confirmed. Powerful. During the Sacrament I had the impression to research the topic of humility. Of course, I always need to work on that, but the impression was more strong than just "look this up and work on it"...it was "LOOK IT UP. RESEARCH IT. ABSORB IT. BE IT. LEARN. GROW. PROGRESS. CHANGE." So, I looked it up in the Spanish bible dictionary. This is what it said: "La condición de ser manso y moldeable, o hacer que alguien lo sea. La humildad lleva implícito el reconocimiento de que dependemos de Dios y el deseo de sosternos a su voluntad." Then, it all came in a big rush of the Spirit when I started thinking about the lesson and then my impression. It is like the blind = prideful. In my notebook I wrote ciegos = orgullosos. Have the faith to be healed from your blindness and be humbled. It was incredible. I also found a scripture in 1 Nephi 17:3. It said that "if we keep the commandments, God will strengthen us and provide a way to accomplish the thing which He has commanded us." I know that the Lord will always help me and put His confidence in me if I will work to change and progress and be different. I am so grateful for this gospel and that I have the opportunity to be here in Spain. I know the church is true.
This is my cute church and our first day of church picture! :)
I love my family and this church!
Love always,
Natalie Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment