Monday, May 2, 2011
Madrid Take 2
We were able to go to the city of Madrid again today! It was a holiday here and so we didn't have school and we all decided to go be adventurous in Madrid. This building (El Palacio de Cibeles) I have already put of on the previous Madrid blog post, but this is a much better shot of it- it is incredible. We got to Madrid and we walked around for a while. Then, we went to this beautiful and very large park surrounding a lake.
Once we were at the park, we all divided up and just walked around. Rikki, Audi and I looked at some of the little tiendas and walked and talked and took pictures. Rikki also got a caricature...talk about hilarious.
After our adventures in the park, we walked over to the Plaza Mayor father into the city. I don't believe it is the city center, but I am not completely sure. There were little restaurants everywhere and it was really cool to see all of the Spaniards eating and hanging out. We all got lunch and that was nice. I got a cósome, expecting the same soup like thing that I used to get in México...not exactly the same though! It still tasted great, but it was just the broth. Oh well! Then, we left the Plaza and just continued to walk around and basically stare and all of the incredible buildings and castles and cathedrals. We were not allowed to go into any of them because of the holiday, but it was still very cool to see them from the outside! I just love the city and all of the different statues and whatnot that they just have around the city like...
Oh yeah, and there was a Paseo de México street sign in the park! It was just a friendly reminder that México is the reason I speak Spanish to begin with. It will always have a place in my heart.
This country continues to blow my mind! It is so incredible. Rikki and I are getting closer with our friend Audi- we all get along well!
And look what she did to my hair! I did the braid on the top of my head/hair, but she did the rest of it! Cool, no?
Much love! ¡Buenas noches! I love my family!
Love always,
Natalie Christine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment